In the world of Twitter, AU stands for alternative universe. It is a type of fan fiction that takes place in a different reality from the original source material. This can include different characters, different settings, or even different rules of the universe.
AUs are a popular way for fans to explore different possibilities and to create their own unique stories. They can be a great way to escape from the real world and to imagine new and exciting possibilities.
What Does AU Mean?
The term “AU” has been used in fan fiction for many years, but it only recently became popular on Twitter. The first AUs on Twitter were often short, one-off stories that were posted as tweets. However, as the popularity of AUs grew, authors began to write longer, more complex stories.
Today, there are AUs for all sorts of different fandoms, including anime, books, movies, and TV shows. There are even AUs that combine different fandoms together.
Types of AUs on Twitter
There are many different types of AUs on Twitter, but some of the most popular include:
- Canon AUs: These AUs take place in the same universe as the original source material, but they change some of the details. For example, a canon AU might change the characters’ personalities, their relationships, or the events of the story.
- Modern AUs: These AUs take characters from the original source material and place them in a modern setting. This can be a great way to explore how the characters would react to different technologies or social norms.
- Historical AUs: These AUs take characters from the original source material and place them in a historical setting. This can be a great way to explore how the characters would react to different historical events or cultures.
- Crossover AUs: These AUs combine characters from different fandoms together. This can be a great way to create new and exciting stories that wouldn’t be possible in the original source material.
How to Write an AU on Twitter
If you’re interested in writing an AU on Twitter, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Start with a clear idea of what you want to write. What kind of AU do you want to write? What characters will you use? What setting will you use?
- Keep your stories short and to the point. Twitter is a fast-paced platform, so your stories should be easy to read and digest.
- Use visuals to help tell your story. Images, gifs, and videos can be a great way to bring your stories to life.
- Engage with your readers. Ask questions, solicit feedback, and interact with your followers. This will help you build a community around your stories.
AUs are a great way to explore different possibilities and to create your own unique stories. They can be a great way to escape from the real world and to imagine new and exciting possibilities.
If you’re interested in writing an AU on Twitter, I encourage you to give it a try. Just remember to start with a clear idea of what you want to write, keep your stories short and to the point, use visuals to help tell your story, and engage with your readers.